Home > Our Services > MSC Services
MSC status is increasingly a critical enabler of business transformation and growth and needs to play a fundamental role as catalyst for IT business growth.
With recognition, endorsements and support, MSC-status businesses propel products and technology innovation, and also foster and nurture start-ups into full fledge technology provider. Ampersand helps clients realize the full potential of their innovations as they embark on major change and growth initiatives.
No income tax for up to 10 years or investment tax allowance (ITA)
No duties on importation of multimedia equipment
Allow unrestricted employment of foreign knowledge workers
• Entitles qualified entities to a set of incentives, rights and privileges from the Government of Malaysia (“Government”), namely the MSC Malaysia Bill of Guarantees (“BoGs”)
• To provide competitive financial incentives namely Pioneer Status (100 percent tax exemption) for up to ten years or an
• Investment Tax Allowance for up to five years and no duties on the importation of multimedia equipment. To allow employment of local and foreign knowledge workers.
• MSC Malaysia Status companies are free to source capital globally, unless otherwise stated in the Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism Financing Act 2001, or from residents, authorities, agencies or entities of countries specified in the Exchange Control Act 19533.
1. Non-residents investing in MSC Malaysia Status companies are free to repatriate any amount of capital, divestment proceeds, profits and dividends arising from their investments.
2. MSC Malaysia Status companies are free to remit funds abroad, which are made in foreign currency and transacted through licensed onshore banks.
3. MSC Malaysia Status companies are also free to borrow from resident and non-resident lenders in Ringgit and in any foreign currency4 to finance their business operations.
4. MSC Malaysia Status companies can borrow in Ringgit: Any amount from licensed onshore banks and other residents.
5. Any amount from their non-resident non-bank parent companies for purpose of financing activities in the real sector in Malaysia. Up to RM1 million in aggregate from other non-resident non-bank companies or non-resident individuals for use in Malaysia.
• The companies must be either:
1. Private limited companies (e.g. Sendirian Berhad)
2. Institutions of Higher Learning
• Ensure that at least 15% of the total number of employees of MSC Malaysia status company are knowledge workers
• Directors must not be a bankruptcy or involvement in AMLA Activities or Illegal activities. **AMLA: Anti Money Laundering Act of Malaysia
• Companies applying must be from these industries :
1. Infotech (Information Technology)
2. GBS (Global Business Services) – VLS* Very Large Scale Businesses e.g. BPO (Back Project Office), ITO Services, KPO Services
3. Creative Content Technology
We offer A-Z services from setting up company to meeting with MDEC board
1. Setup a subsidiary company
2. Choosing a tech solution
3. Finacial framework planning
4. Drafting business proposal
5. Brainstorm with the management
6. Build tech prototype
7. Interview with MDEC
8. Success obtain status
No. The application must be done via Sdn Bhd entity.
Ampersand Ventures Sdn Bhd will refund back in full (exclude application fees of RM2,000+GST6% which is made to MDEC which is non refundable). The payment will be remitted 30 days from the status of application either via email received from MDEC).
Note: Refund shall NOT be applicable IF the application failed due to directors’ inability to comply with AMLA Law, involved in illegal activities or similar; or declared bankruptcy during application term.The refund mentioned above does not cover REVOCATION due to withdrawal of status for breaching MSC rules, codes of conduct and requirements.
The application normally takes up to 4 months, however subjected to MDEC list of applications (queue).
Not necessary however will not enjoy full tax exemptions
Full tax exemption : Tier 1 – Located in Designated Premises within MSC Malaysia Cybercities / Cybercentres
Partial tax exemption (70% only) Tier 2 – Located in Commercial Premises within MSC Malaysia Cybercities / Cybercentres
Partial tax exemption (70% only) MSC4Startups – Located outside of MSC Malaysia Cybercities / Cybercentres
[Partial Income tax exemption of 70 percent under Section 127(3)(b) of Income Tax Act 1967 for a period of five years and no duties on the importation of multimedia equipment.] After 5 years, the Company can opt to move to MSC designated zone and apply for full tax exemption however subject to approval.